Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dhobi Ghat (Mumbai Diaries) (2010)



Genre: Drama

To tell you the truth I had mixed feeling of this movie when I started watching it because most of the user reviews I have read beforehand were negative. Some have stated that it is a disaster. Yet I believed in Aamir Khan and his stubbornness and watched the film. And when the movie ended I was disappointed and angry, but not with the movie but at all the crappy users who did all negative reviews of it.

What do you expect of a good movie? Not dancing on the streets or fairy tales endings but stories about day to day human beings with true feelings. Believe me this is one of those rare Hindi movies which does that immensely well. Breathtaking cinematography combined with wonderfully natural acting and a script that screams a millions words just by saying so little. This is a keeper and I will watch this again and again when I grow older and older.

My Score 4.5/5

Synopsis: The lives of four people intersect in Mumbai: a washer-man who wants to become an actor, a banker-turned-photographer, a painter looking for inspiration, and a newly-married immigrant who journals her experiences on home video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

අනෙක් අයත් එක්ක බෙදා ගන්න

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...