Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Young Adult (2011)




Comedy | Drama  

This is not the typical Charlize Therone movie. The girl who did Monster and North Country is stuck in a limited character in this one. Though she portrays it very well this one will not put her on an Oscar nomination list. I cannot say that I enjoyed the plot that much. Maybe looking at a psychological perspective yes it can work out. Yet it’s too short and too sweet. But for some this can be a movie which creates memories. So it depends. As the movie says life must go on. So here I move on…

3/5
Synopsis: Soon after her divorce, a fiction writer returns to her home in small-town Minnesota, looking to rekindle a romance with her ex-boyfriend, who is now happily married and has a newborn daughter.



2 comments:

  1. Nice read! I was very intrigued to check this movie out when it was in theaters, but somehow never found myself going to actually see it. From all the reviews I’ve read so far, it sounds like it was worth it to wait after the theaters though…so I can save money and just rent it instead. A lot of others would agree with you on the lacking plot and limited characteristics of Charlize. I’m still interested to see it mainly because she is one of my favorite actresses, so I think I’ll save it to my Blockbuster @Home queue (Dish entertainment package) and get it in the mail when it is available on Blu-ray. One of my co-workers at Dish saw Young Adult in theaters and told me the ending left open a lot of unanswered questions, so I was just wondering if you thought the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the ending doesn't provide answers to the whole movie. It stops from a place where there is a new beginning. But guess its for the viewer to see if its really gonna stick :)

      Delete

අනෙක් අයත් එක්ක බෙදා ගන්න

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...